Tip of the Month
Write us with your comments and suggestions.
This month I'm going to share with you some humor that Lois Tibbs posted a while ago to the Packgoat List. I think that any of us with animals can see ourselves and our cherubs in this list. Enjoy!!!!
Plea to My Animals
- When I say to move, it means to go someplace else, not switch positions with each other so there are still two of you in the way.
- The dishes with the paw prints are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing in the slightest.
- The stairway was not designed by NASCAR, and is not meant to be a race track. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.
- I cannot buy anything bigger than a king size bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue to sleep on the couch to ensure your comfort.
- If you look at videos of dogs and cats sleeping, you will notice they can actually curl up in a ball. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space used is nothing but sarcasm.
- My cd's and dvd's are not miniature Frisbees.
- For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. When I exit this room, I will come out the same door I entered. In addition, I have been using bathrooms for years. Canine/Feline attendance has never been necessary.
- The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other animal or your butt. I cannot stress this enough. It would be such a simple change for you.
In return for your following these simple rules, I will post the following message on our front door:
Memo to My Human Guests
- My pets live here. You don't.
- If you don't want animal hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture.
- I like my pet a lot better than I like most people.
- To you, it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son/daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and doesn't speak clearly.
- Dogs and cats are better than children. They eat less, don't ask for money all the time, are easier to train, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about buying the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes, don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell the results.
That's it for this time folks. See you next month.